Become A Culinary Assistant
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS!
Becoming a Culinary Assistant (CA) is a great way to both learn and save on cooking classes. Culinary Assistants arrive 1 hour before class to help the instructor set-up, complete any necessary food preparation and assist cooking school coordinator with the set-up of the classroom. It is a great opportunity to not only meet the instructor, but to gain practical experience and get helpful tips from some of the finest chefs and culinary instructors in the Twin Cities area. As a team, the assistants continue to help throughout the class and take care of clean-up at the end.
Culinary Assistants receive free tuition on the classes they assist with, receive advanced registration opportunities and receive a free class, to attend as a guest, for every four classes they facilitate. Culinary Assistants should have knowledge of basic food preparation and service.
Attend one of our monthly orientations to learn more about our program and to tour our operations. Orientations are held at the Cooking School and Event Center on the 2nd level of Calhoun Square directly above Kitchen Window’s retail store. Orientations are generally about 45 minutes long. For more information about the next orientation, please contact us at email@example.com or call 612-824-4417 ext 105.
Basic Culinary Assistant Duties Include:
- Assist Kitchen Window's Cooking School Coordinator and attending Chefs/Instructors prior, during and after class instruction.
- Assist with setting up the class room.
- When required, assist instructor/chef with final recipe preparation prior to class.
- Greet and check-in guests.
- Serve as liaison between the chef and guests during class instruction, ensuring an optimum learning experience.
- Closely observe class instruction, assisting the chef/instructor with food preparation when required.
- Assist in serving tastings.
- Assist in clean-up after each class.
1. Download an Application
Download Culinary Assistant Volunteer Application
This application is an Adobe Acrobat pdf file if you do not already have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer go here before downloading the newsletter.
2. Print the application, complete it and submit it in one of the following methods:
- By mail: Kitchen Window, 3001 Hennepin Ave., Minneapolis, MN 55408
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By fax: 612-824-9225
- In Person: Applications can be dropped off at Kitchen Window's retail store, during regular business hours, with a store manager.
For additional information or for a printed copy of our Culinary Assistant Volunteer Application call 612-824-4417 ext. 105, or stop by our store.